- All myProject users
When you access myProject for the first time, you will be prompted to set up your account, specify your preferences, and accept the Obligations for Participation in IEEE Standards Development. This information is used by the system to notify you of events and tasks (as well as to automatically add your information to some fields), and is maintained separately from your IEEE Account information. You may also be asked to repeat this process if you have not updated your profile in over a year.
Note: In order to access the menu function, the following steps must be completed. Please make sure you are confirming your profile information by clicking "Save" on both the "Personal & Professional Info" and "Preferences" tabs. After doing this, the menu should appear. You will only need to complete this confirmation step once a year.
- Click on setup your profile and specify your preferences.
- On the Personal and Professional Info tab, verify your primary email address and mailing address. The mailing address field may be blank if you have not previously provided the address for your IEEE Account. If you need to change the email or address information, click on the click here link to be directed to your IEEE Account to make any changes.
- Enter your Employer information and click Save. (you can select your employer from the list, or type it in if it is not visible). This is a required field.
- On the Preferences Tab, review and update how you would like to receive email notifications. NOTE: Click the i icon next to each option for a description.
- Click Save. The Interests Tab will appear. NOTE: The Interests Tab allows you to indicate the groups you would like to participate in or follow. The My Roles tab shows the groups for which you have been assigned an officer role. (See the article on Manage Profile and Interests for detailed instructions.)
Once setup is complete, you will be able to see the menu in the right-hand corner of the screen.
Click on myProject in the title bar to access the myProject home screen, or click Menu and click on the Home link.
A video demonstration of the initial login process is available here: https://ieeetv.ieee.org/ieee-products/ieee-sa-user-guide-setting-preferences-and-logging-interest