In the myProject system, a Standards Committee (SC) is created under an IEEE Society. IEEE Societies can only be created by submitting a support request. The SC must be created in myProject before that SC can upload proposed policies and procedures (P&P)s. This function must be performed by IEEE SA Governance Staff.
Standards Committee (SC) and Working Group (WG) officers have the ability to add subgroups to existing groups.
- SC and/or WG Officers, Program Management staff, governance staff.
- SC and/or WG officers can only add subgroups of groups they manage.
- A list of your assigned roles can be found on your Manage Profile & Interests screen under the My Roles tab.
- From the myProject home screen, select Menu.
- Click Manage Groups. The groups the user has permission to manage will appear.
- Use the Search field, Filter By Type, or Filter by Group Status options to locate the parent group of the new group. Click on the group icon to the left of the name of the group to see subgroups.
- Click on Add New Subgroup.
- On the next screen, select a Group Type from the dropdown.
- Enter the Group Name, Group Short Name, and optional Group Description.
- Indicate required Participation Level Options.
- Click Save. The new group will appear in the group list under the parent group.