Members of a ballot group will be able to enter or change a vote on that ballot during the ballot period.
- myProject users currently enrolled in a ballot
- You will be able to select a vote from a list of the following: Approve, Disapprove, Abstain.
- In order to submit comments, you must enter a vote. In order to submit a “must be satisfied” comment, you must vote “disapprove”.
- If the selection is "abstain", you must select a reason from the following: Lack of time, lack of expertise, conflict of interest, or other.
- You can change your selection at any time during an open ballot or a recirculation period; the vote made during the ballot or the most recent recirculation, if applicable, will be carried forward to the following recirculation until it is changed.
- Once the ballot period is closed, you will only be able to change or flip your vote from "disapprove" to "approve" or "abstain". You may only do this once and may not change back to a "disapprove" vote. The change/flip vote option will be available until the project receives a recommendation from the IEEE SA Review Committee (RevCom).
- If you change a vote during the ballot or recirculation period FROM "disapprove" to "approve" or "abstain", the "must be satisfied" value of "yes" will be set to "no" automatically. You will be presented with a pop up message explaining this and asking for confirmation.
- On the myProject Home Screen, click Menu.
- Click Invitations/Ballots.
- Click the My Ballots tab.
- Use the Search Ballots bar or Filter by State function to locate the ballot you want to vote on.
- Click Submit a Vote.
- Click Approve, Disapprove or Abstain.
- Once you have voted, the system will allow you to add and view comments. Click on Add/View Comments.
- To enter a single comment:
- Click Single Comment Entry.
- Use the Comment Category drop down to choose a category for your comment.
- Enter your comment in the Comment box.
- Enter the change you would like to see reflected in the draft in the Proposed Change box.
- Enter any other optional information or upload files.
- Click Save and Close.
- Your comment will now appear on your My Ballots page and will be visible only to you and the administrators of the ballot.
- To change your comment, click on the comment and click Edit or Delete.
- Make changes to your comment and click Save and Close.
- To upload comments from a spreadsheet:
- Click Bulk Comments Template to download an Excel or CSV template to enter your comments into.
- After you have entered comments into the template, Click Upload Bulk Comments File.
- Click Select Bulk Comments file and select the comments file on your computer.
- Click Start Upload. The system will display an upload result with all comments uploaded successfully and any errors. Click Select Bulk Comments File again to re-upload your file after correcting any errors. Comments that are duplicates of those already uploaded will be ignored.
- Click Ok to dismiss the upload box.