Mandatory Editorial Coordination (MEC) is required prior to the start of the Standards Association (SA) Ballot. MEC is done to check that the draft standard meets all IEEE SA editorial requirements based on the IEEE SA Style Manual. Copyright permission letters and contributors license agreements (CLA), if needed, are also submitted with the draft at this time.
- Standards Committee Chair, Standards Representative, Vice Chair, Working Group Chair/Vice Chair, Secretary
- Mandatory Editorial Coordination (MEC) can be initiated at the start of the ballot invitation period.
- For more information please refer to the draft review checklist.
- On the myProject Home Screen click Menu.
- Click Invitations and Ballots.
- Click Submit Draft to MEC.
- You will be directed out of myProject to the MEC form.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form displayed, making sure to fill out all relevant fields. Make sure to select the correct Program Manager. Program Managers are listed when clicking on the information (i) button next to the Committee on the Manage Groups screen. Upload the draft.