Mandatory Editorial Coordination (MEC) is required prior to the start of the Standards Association (SA) Ballot. MEC is done to check that the draft standard meets specific IEEE SA editorial requirements based on the IEEE SA Style Manual. Copyright permission letters and contributors license agreements (CLA), if needed, are also submitted with the draft at this time.
- Standards Committee Chair/Vice Chair, Standards Representative, Working Group Chair/Vice Chair, Project Group Chair/Administrator
- Mandatory Editorial Coordination (MEC) can be initiated at the start of the ballot invitation period.
- For more information please refer to the draft review checklist.
- On the myProject Home Screen click Menu.
- Click Invitations and Ballots.
- Click Submit Draft to MEC.
- Select the project number from the Active PARs dropdown for the draft you would like to submit. You will only be shown projects related to groups you manage.
- Information available from the myProject system will be pre-filled and displayed on the screen.
- Complete the MEC Form.
- Click Upload and select the draft file from your computer.
- Click Submit Draft.
- A copy of your form submission will be sent to you via email and will be accessible through the Messages area.