- All Non IEEE SA Members or Non IEEE SA Corporate Members
- You are required to be an IEEE SA member or pay a per-ballot fee to join an individual-based IEEE SA ballot group.
- To join an entity ballot group, your organization must be an IEEE SA Corporate Member or pay a per-ballot fee.
- Joining a ballot group allows you to vote and submit comments when the project opens for balloting.
- You can add or remove yourself from a ballot group only during the ballot invitation period. The ballot group is fixed after the ballot starts.
- Be sure to leave enough time to process your payment/membership before the close of the ballot invitation.
- For individual-based ballots, while you do not have to be an IEEE member or IEEE Society member to join the SA, it is far more cost effective to join both for the following reasons:
- IEEE SA membership entitles you to unlimited individual balloting.
- If you currently are or become an IEEE Member or Society Member, you can add SA membership to your IEEE Membership or Society Membership at a reduced price.
- The most expensive option is to join a single ballot. Single ballot fees are similarly priced to annual membership in the IEEE SA, and entitle you to join just one ballot group and any recirculations of that single ballot. To take advantage of this service (which is unavailable online), complete the form at least 5 working days prior to invitation closing to allow time for processing.
- For entity-based ballots:
- More information on membership can be found on the IEEE SA Website.
- On the myProject Home Screen click Menu.
- Click Invitations/Ballots. The Open Invitations tab will appear. By default, the My Invitations view will display only invitations for projects in which you have indicated an interest. Click All Invitations view to display all open invitations.
- Use the Search Invitations box to locate the ballot group you would like to join.
- Click on the Join Ballot Group icon next to the group you would like to join.
- Review the invitation and click Join the Ballot.
- Under the Join a Single Ballot option, click Join.
- Update your affiliation(s) for this ballot.
- Click Select Classification then click OK.
- Select a voter classification from the list that best represents your voting interest.
- Click Go To Payment.
- Select the desired payment method and click Submit and OK. The form will automatically be sent to IEEE SA. You will be contacted by IEEE SA staff who will process the per-ballot fee. If you have any questions or require assistance, please send an email to: email@example.com.