PARs are active for 4 years. If the Working Group (WG) needs more time to complete the standard development process, an extension request must be submitted to NesCom and approved by the SASB before the PAR expires.
- Working Group or Standards Committee officers
- On the myProject Home Screen click Menu.
- Click View/Manage PARs.
- Click Submit PAR.
- Under Existing PAR Actions, click Extend PAR.
- Click Next.
- A list of all active PARs associated with groups you manage will be displayed. Alternatively, you can enter the PAR number in the box and click the search icon.
- Click Select next to the PAR you want to extend. The Extend PAR, Review and Submit Request screen will appear.
- Fill in the required fields indicated with a red asterisk (*).
- Choose Save and Exit to save the extension request and return to it later, or Preview and Submit once you are ready to submit your PAR.
- Review the information and click Submit. The PAR extension request will now be added to the next NesCom agenda and notifications will be sent to the Working Group Chair, Standards Committee Chair, Standards Representative, Program Manager, and NesCom Administrator. NOTE: Once you submit the PAR, changes may only be made by the NesCom Administrator.