A recirculation is typically needed when:
- Changes were made since the last balloted draft (whether triggered by comments accompanied with Approve or Disapprove votes, or by the Comment Resolution Group [CRG]).
- Comments are received from IEEE SA editors marked “must be satisfied” (MBS).
- A recirculation resulted in negative votes with new comments within the scope of the recirculation.
Once the ballot approval rating reaches 75%, a recirculation vote shall only be based on the:
- Changed portions of the balloted document.
- Clauses affected by the changes.
- Portions of the balloted document that are the subject of the unresolved negative votes.
- Standards Committee Chair, Standard Representative, Working Group Chair/Vice Chair, Project/ Task Group Chair/Administrator
- A cover letter is required.
- The recirculation must be reviewed and approved by the Program Manager prior to initiation.
- A recirculation cannot be initiated until all comments have a disposition status (and detail if applicable) entered.
- On the myProject Home Screen click Menu.
- Click Invitations/Ballots.
- Use the Search Ballots field or Filter by Stage option to locate the desired ballot.
Click Initiate Ballot Recirculation.
At the top of the Recirculation screen, enter a Draft Number. The Recirculation Duration defaults to 10 days, but can be longer if desired. If no changes have been made to the most recent draft, click Recirculate Prior Document. This will re-use the draft number and file uploaded in the previous round of ballot.
Scroll down the page.
Complete the fields:
Add additional message (optional)
Attach/Replace Draft Document (required)
Supporting Documents (optional)
Cover letter stating the reason for recirculation – click Upload Cover Letter (Word or PDF). Click the Download Cover Letter Template if needed.
Check the Request Registration Authority Committee (RAC) Coordination box if the project includes registration activity. This will notify the RAC admin of this ballot activity. If your PAR indicated registration activity related to this project, the box will be checked by default.
Click Submit. The Recirculation will be submitted to the Program Manager for review.